Creamy Chicken and Zoodles
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Feel healthy and nutritious with this power-packed delicious meal made up of Creamy Chicken and zucchini as the noodles. Who needs the bloated feeling of pasta when you can have this amazing healthy and light alternative? The whole family will be coming back for more!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 Zucchini (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 2TB Melted Coconut Oil (refined or unrefined) or butter
- 1 Chicken Breast (cooked and diced)
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes (cut into halves) ~ omit for keto
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 1/4 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup of Greek Yogurt or use full-fat sour cream for keto
- 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Optional 1/4 cup of Feta Cheese for garnish
- Turn the zucchini into noodles with a Spiralizer.
- Place in a bowl, add some salt let sit for approximately 20 minutes. (use paper towels to draw the rest of the moisture out.)
- Place 1TB of coconut oil in a large frying pan and heat to medium.
- Place the chicken breast, salt, pepper, and garlic powder into the heated pan.
- Cook chicken fully.
- Add in zucchini noodles, 1 tsp. of dried basil, and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Toss together then set aside in a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the coconut oil in the skillet and toss in the diced garlic.
- Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds) and add in the chicken broth. (This step is very important as you need to cool the pan so the greek yogurt doesn’t curdle).
- Reduce heat to low.
- Once the pan is cool enough add the greek yogurt, parmesan, and the rest of the basil. Mix it up until it’s fully combined.
- Place everything in the pan and toss together.
- Remove from heat and serve. (Add optional feta cheese for garnish)
*If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*Adapted from Buzzfeed.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM-compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.