Christmas Spice Cake
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
It’s beginning to smell a lot like Christmas…everywhere you go, take a look at our menu plans, your glistening once again, with skinny chocolate and healthy mamas all aglow! We are all in the Christmas spirit here at TheLaundryMoms.com and wanted to share some of that spirit with you and your family with this scrumptious Spice Cake that will become a family favorite!
Check Out the Recipe Below!
Christmas Spice Cake
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup golden flax meal
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp stevia (or to taste), or THM sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce – if at S Helper stage. If not, 1/2 cup butter (NOT coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Optional: 1 diced apple or 1/2 cup raisins (if at Crossover stage)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease a cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, golden flax meal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, stevia (or sweetener of choice), almond milk, melted coconut oil, and applesauce or butter.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs whites, and cream of tartar until still peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until fully combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and combine well. Add diced apples/raisins if using.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
- Optional-Top with Homemade whipping cream or FF Ready Whip 🙂
Check out these amazing benefits:
Nutmeg- aids immune system
Cinnamon-balances blood sugar
Ginger- improves absorption and stimulation of essential nutrients in the body.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Created Exclusively for The Laundry Moms by Annalise Bonin
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.