Christmas Chicken Enchilada Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
This delicious Chicken Enchilada Soup will hit the spot and have the troops coming back for more! This holiday season with the chill in the air this savory soup will help take the chill off and warm you all the way down to your toes!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 onion, peeled (Vidalia or other sweet is fine)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled (or 3 tsp minced jarred garlic)
- 1 (4 ounces) can diced green chilies
- 6 cups chicken broth (3 cans)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (4 ounces) can tomato paste (may freeze the rest for later use in zip loc bag, depending on taste)
- 1 lb rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (1lb thinly sliced chicken breast or 7-8 chicken tenders)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Lime Essential Oil
- Sprinkle of Mineral salt
- Sprinkle of Pepper
- Puree first 3 ingredients together in food processor.
- Heat stockpot with coconut oil add the puree, chili powder, cumin, and tomato paste, sauté stirring constantly about 1 minute.
- Add broth and lime essential oil and let simmer for 15 minutes. (You can simmer longer to enhance flavors).
- Add in thinly sliced chicken breast (or shredded rotisserie) and simmer about 15 more minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper (a few dashes of Tabasco are good too) to your liking.
- Before serving stir in a cup of cheddar cheese until melted.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with full-fat sour cream, more cheese, diced tomatoes, and scallions.
- sour cream, full fat
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- scallion, chopped
- tomato, diced
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.