Chocolate Peppermint Star Cookies
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
These cookies look SO good I can’t believe they’re Trim Healthy Mama friendly!! These are just the thing you need to make and put in your freezer to grab when everyone else is eating the sugary kind.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup of Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup of Swerve (or 3/4 cup Erythritol)
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Young Living Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil
- 4oz Cream Cheese cut into small chunks
- 7 oz. Lily’s Stevia Sweetened Chocolate chips
- 1oz Cocoa Butter
- Crushed sugar-free peppermints (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, and sweetener. Stir in the melted butter and 1 drop of peppermint vitality oil.
- Sprinkle the chunks of cream cheese on the top of the mixture and use two sharp knives to cut the cream cheese into the dough until it comes together easily.
- Put the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and shape into a circle. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll it out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch star-shaped cookie cutter cut out stars until you’re out of dough. (Re-roll as much dough as you can and then use the scraps to make dough balls that don’t need baking).
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes switching the position of the cookie sheet halfway through for even baking.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely and then place into the freezer for an hour.
- Heat up a pan of water to just barely simmering and then put a heatproof bowl on top and place the chocolate chips and cocoa butter in the bowl to melt together. Stir in one drop of peppermint vitality oil.
- Prepare a pan lined with wax paper and drop cookies into the chocolate one at a time and flip with a fork to ensure fully coated. Place dipped cookies onto the lined pan then sprinkle with crushed peppermint immediately while still wet.
- Place cookies in the fridge for 20 minutes to set the chocolate.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas .
Recipe Credit to All Day I Dream About Food.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.