Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Mmmmmmmn! Chocolate, peanut butter, and whipped cream? Yes please! What a delicious and crowd pleasing dessert. It takes a bit of commitment to see it through but it is SO worth it! Make sure you put a piece away for tomorrow because there won’t be any leftovers.
Check out the recipe below…
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 Cup of THM Peanut Flour (Canadians get it here)
- 1/2 tsp. THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 2TB THM Pristine whey protein powder (Canadians get it here)
- 2TB THM Gentle Sweet (Canadians get it here)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 TB Refined Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
Ingredients for Pudding:
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of Water
- 2 generous pinches THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 2-3 tsp. THM Gentle Sweet (Canadians get it here)
- 2 TB Cocoa Powder (Canadians get it here)
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 scoop THM Pristine whey protein powder (Canadians get it here)
- 2 tsp. THM Gluccie (Canadians get it here)
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1TB THM Gentle Sweet (Canadians get it here)
- Shavings from Skinny Chocolate if desired
Directions for Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the peanut flour, 1/2 tsp of salt, whey protein powder, and 2TB gentle sweet together.
- Add in the egg, melted coconut oil, and almond milk and stir together until you have a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9 inch pie pan and make sure to press it up onto the sides as well.
- Pierce the bottom of the crust so that it doesn’t swell or bubble.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes until it’s a golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
Directions for Filling:
- Put 1 cup unsweetened almond milk in blender (we use Silk brand).
- Add 1 cup water.
- Add vanilla to taste, a couple of generous pinches of sea salt, and a couple of teaspoons of THM gentle sweet.
- Add 2 heaped TB of cocoa powder
- Add 1/4 scoop whey protein powder.
- Start blender then add 2 tsp. glucomannan powder while blender is running.
- Blend to thicken pudding which will take a couple of minutes – turn blender off.
- Taste for flavors, adjust as needed.
- Cool in the fridge until completely set.
- Once the pie crust is completely cooled put the chocolate filling into the crust.
- Whip up the whipping cream with sweetener and vanilla until stiff and layer on top of the chocolate pudding.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.