Chicken Zucchini Noodles Zoodles
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
Get ready to enjoy one of those tantalizing and good for you recipes! Feel like the health nut you are with this delicious dish made up of zucchini as the noodles. It’s not real pasta (let’s not pretend it is) but it is absolutely scrumptious in its own way. Prepare this yummy dinner and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing how healthy your meal is.
Check out the recipe below…
- 2 Zucchini’s (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 2TB Melted Coconut Oil (refined or unrefined) or butter
- 1 Chicken Breast (cooked and diced)
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes (cut into halves) ~ omit for keto
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 1/4 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup of Greek Yogurt or use full-fat sour cream for keto
- 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Optional 1/4 cup of Feta Cheese for garnish
- Use the Troodle (Canadians get it here) to turn the zucchini into noodles. Place in a bowl, add some salt, and let sit for a good 20 minutes. Once enough time has passed use paper towels to draw the rest of the moisture out.
- Place 1TB of coconut oil in a large frying pan and heat to medium. Place the chicken breast, some salt, pepper, and the garlic powder into the heated pan.
- Cook the chicken until it’s fully cooked and then add in the zucchini noodles, 1 tsp. of dried basil, and the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Toss together for a minute and then set aside in a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the coconut oil in the skillet and toss in the diced garlic. Cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds) and then add in the chicken broth. (This step is very important as you need to cool the pan so the greek yogurt doesn’t curdle). Reduce heat to low.
- Once the pan is cool enough add the greek yogurt, parmesan, and the rest of the basil. Mix it up until it’s fully combined.
- Place everything in the pan and toss together.
- Remove from heat and serve. (Add optional feta cheese for garnish)
Adapted from Buzzfeed.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.