Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
This is such an easy meal to make and doesn’t take too long. Before you know it you’ll be devouring this mouthwatering dish and coming back for more!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 4 Bell Peppers (cut in half ~ seeds removed)
- 1TB Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (large, sliced)
- 16oz. Mushrooms (cremimi, sliced)
- Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 & 1/2 lbs Sirloin Steak (thinly sliced)
- 2tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 16 slices of Provolone Cheese
- Freshly chopped Parsley (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place the bell peppers in a glass cooking dish and bake them for 30 minutes until they’re soft.
- While the peppers are baking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet (medium-high heat).
- Once the oil is heated, toss in the mushrooms, onions, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes stirring regularly.
- Throw in the thinly sliced steak and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Cook for a few more minutes and then add in the Italian seasoning and stir well.
- Once the peppers are baked, remove them from the oven and add in a slice of provolone to the bottom of each. Top with the steak mixture and then close it with a second piece of provolone cheese to the top of the pepper.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until the cheese begins to turn a golden color.
- Remove from the oven and top with parsley if desired.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto Friendly.
Original recipe found at Delish.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.