Bringing Back Sloppy Joe’s
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
Have you been missing sloppy Joe’s? No need to anymore! This recipe is so easy and so good that you’ll likely add it to your regular meal plan. It’s on plan, delicious, easy to make – what more do you need? Pick up the ingredients on your way home from work and whip this together tonight!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1lb of Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1/2 small Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Joseph’s Pitas (2 pitas)
- 1tsp of THM Mineral Salt
- 1 Cup of Sugar Free Pasta Sauce
- 1-2tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of butter or refined coconut oil
- Heat up the butter/coconut oil in a frying pan and add the garlic (diced), onion (diced), and green pepper (diced).
- Once tender, add the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once the meat is cooked, add in the cup of sugar free pasta sauce and let simmer for a good 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the pitas in half and spread open to be able to put the meat mixture in each side.
- Once the simmering is complete fill each half of pita with the meat. You may need a knife and fork to eat this.
*Note: This recipe is an S if using beef and a FP if using turkey for Trim Healthy Mamas. (Serves 4)
Adapted from the Herbal Magic Recipe book. Photo credit: Pillsbury.com
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.