Breakfast Berry Quinoa
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Say hello to Quinoa [KEEN-wah] an amazing gluten-free superfood seed that is packed full of iron and fiber and perfect as a great alternative protein source! Easy on the digestive tract since it’s not a grain but still adds the power-packed nutrients that will keep you going all morning long!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- ½ cup dry quinoa (rinsed thoroughly)
- 1 ¼ cup water (or almond milk optional)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 handful frozen or fresh berries
- Optional: a squirt of stevia to taste
- Optional: scoop of protein powder
- Rinse Quinoa and soak if possible (you can do this overnight to help break down the grain to make it easier to digest)
- Bring water or milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add quinoa, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the water or almond milk has been absorbed about 15 minutes.
- Stir in stevia and cinnamon. Cook, covered until almost all the milk has been absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries or raspberries, and cook for 30 seconds if frozen
- Serve with additional almond milk, stevia, protein powder, cinnamon, and your favorite berries!
If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*Note: This recipe is an E for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.