“Bone Broth Goodness”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Baby it’s cold outside and what better way to warm up than with a hot cup of bone broth or chicken soup! We love to drink it straight from the mug or add miracle noodles to make a yummy Chicken Noodle Soup! The benefits of bone broth are amazing and you can check out the details below!
Check Out the Recipe Here:
- 1 whole chicken (free range, pastured, or organic chicken)
- 3–4 quarts cold filtered water
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 medium sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2–4 zucchinis
- 4–6 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 bunch parsley
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 inches grated ginger
- 2–4 tablespoons Celtic sea salt
- If you are using a whole chicken, remove fat glands and the gizzards from the cavity. (Use chicken feet if you can find them: they are full of gelatin.)
- Place chicken or chicken pieces in a large stainless steel pot with the water, vinegar, and all vegetables except parsley.
- Bring to a boil and remove scum that rises to the top.
- Cover and cook for 12 to 24 hours. The longer you cook the stock, the richer and more flavorful the stock will be. Five minutes before finishing the stock, add parsley. (This will impart additional mineral ions to the broth.)
- Remove from heat and take out the chicken. Let cool and remove chicken meat from the carcass.
- Strain the stock into a mason jars and reserve in your refrigerator to drink or for use as a base for other soups & recipes like this one!
*Add Miracle Noodles to the Chicken & Veggies to Make a Yummy Chicken Noodle Soup…if your focusing on loosing weight leave the carrots for the kids!
*Look at the AMAZING Benefits of Bone Broth Here!
This makes 6-10 ‘S’ servings on the THM plan!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.