Best Ever Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Have you noticed the craze with the smoothie and acai (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) bowels lately? While that Brazilian little berry might be a challenge to find without traveling to the deep jungles of South America, you can use other locally found berries to create a delicious easy and healthy breakfast!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 cup chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ frozen banana (or also add ice if your banana is not frozen)
- THM Pure Stevia Extract to taste (Canadians get it here)
- 1/4 cup banana, sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut shavings, raw or toasted
- handful of goji berries
- Place the kale or spinach, chia seeds, and almond milk in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the frozen mixed berries, banana, and sweetener of choice to the blender.
- Puree, scraping down the sides of the blender periodically, until relatively smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and garnish with toppings of your choice.
- Serve immediately.
*Note: The Smoothie Bowl is an ‘E’ Meal on the Trim Healthy Mama plan! (serving size is for 2)
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.