Beef A La Instant
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
Get your instant pot out and be prepared to be amazed! If you don’t have one yet click on this link and buy one! (I’ll wait). Seriously, the instant pot is SO simple to use and such a time saver. If ever there was a kitchen gadget to buy, the instant pot is it. This beef roast is amazing and the prep time is about 5-7 minutes which is pretty phenomenal. Your mouth will water at the smells wafting through your home when you make this.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 – 3lb beef roast (can be a cheap cut)
- Himalayan Salt (Canadians get it here)
- Ground Pepper
- (Optional) 2TB Gwen’s Greek Spice Mix
- Sprinkle of Oregano
- 1 tsp. Montreal Steak Spice
- 1/3 onion (finely diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 3-4TB Melted Coconut Oil (refined) or butter
- 1 pound of radishes
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper (heavy sprinkle).
- Heat up the coconut oil in a large frying pan (medium/high heat) and once heated brown each side of the beef roast to lock in the juices (only takes a few seconds on each side).
- Once browned place in the instant pot and sprinkle with more salt and pepper, oregano, montreal steak spice, and Gwen’s greek spice mix.
- Using the coconut oil left in the pan fry up the onions and garlic for a couple of minutes. Once done pour on top of the beef roast.
- Cut the ends off of the radishes and place around the roast inside of the instant pot.
- Turn on the instant pot and press the manual button and use the +/- button to change the time to 14 – 21 minutes (about 7 minutes per pound).
- Make sure that the valve is turned to sealing in order to pressurize it. (That’s it!)
- Once it beeps to signal the cooking time is done do a quick release to release the pressure by turning the valve to vent (be careful with this step as the steam is hot. I like to use a wooden spoon!).
- Open the lid and let the water run inside of the instant pot instead of all over your counter.
- Take out the radishes and the beef and cut into the beef to make sure it’s cooked.
- Pair this with a yummy salad (like this one).
Recipe created and shared by Meggan Larson.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.