Avocado Nacho Fries
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Ya had me at avocado fries am I right? This recipe is so full of flavor and just makes you want to sing with praises for whoever thought this up! Pair it with some extra protein to have as a meal or just enjoy it as a snack!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1-2 large ripe Avocados
- 1/2 bag of Pork Rinds
- 3 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheese
- 1/4 can sugar-free Salsa
- 2 TB Sour Cream
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Green Onion (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grind up the pork rinds in a food processor until they are powdery like bread crumbs.
- Peel and slice avocados and cut into 8 pieces (each avocado) and set the aside on parchment paper.
- Mix the seasonings together and separate them in half. One half seasons the avocados, the other half seasons the pork rinds.
- Put the avocado slices into the pork rinds so that they’re covered completely.
- Put them in a cast iron skillet and into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- When they are getting golden brown remove them from the oven and add half the cheese on top of the slices. Put the salsa in the middle of the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and put back in the oven for a few minutes to heat up the salsa and melt the cheese.
- Remove from oven and garnish with onions and sour cream (and anything else that sounds yummy!).
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas .
Original recipe and picture credit to Keto Daily.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.