I’m always amazed at all the things that God has put on this earth to help our bodies. There are so many fruits, vegetables, herbs that He has made for our benefit if we would just use them. They are such a good natural alternative than man-made synthetic products.
I have been on a health journey for quite a while using the most natural products that I can find to fight off any sickness. I typically try to avoid the doctor if at all possible and try to find home remedies for any cold or fevers that might arise in our family. Whenever my kids get sick the first thing they do is come to me and ask if I have “anything” to help them feel better and most of the time I do!
Along the way I have found many products that I use in our house on a daily basis and one of those is Coconut oil. I have been using Coconut Oil and other coconut products for a couple of years now and love them. There are many benefits of the meat, milk, water and the oil and I just found out that there are Coconut Mattress’s made from the Coconut husk!
There are many brands of oil out there, but I like to only use Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Some of my favorite brands are Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil or Tropical Traditions Gold Label Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
There are so many benefits of Coconut:
* Protects against cancer
* Enhances the immune system
* Loose excess body fat
* Kills disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and fungi
* Balances blood sugar and control diabetes
* Relief from kidney problems
* Prevents heart disease
The list goes on and on!
My kids and I use it everyday…I take 2 tablespoons a day and my kids take it in capsule form and we also drink coconut water for a extra boost.
* I use it as a sunscreen.
* My daughter and I use it on the ends of our hair to control the frizzy ends. I have also used it as a deep conditioner (leaving it in my hair for about 30 minutes then washing as usual).
* I use it all over my body for a moisturizer.
* And it’s usually the only oil that I use for cooking.
There are many websites and books out there that have some great info.
These are some books that I have read and they are very informative.
* Coconut Cures By: Bruce Fife, N.D.
* The Coconut Oil Miracle By: Bruce Fife, N.D.
This is a great website that has a lot of research and information of it many uses.
As you can see there are some really great uses for Coconut Oil. I have named just a few but there are many, many more.
I would love to hear how you have used Coconut Oil for you and your family.