Add Some Pizzazz To Your Cleaning
by Hannah Keeley
Sometimes the same old housekeeping routines can get pretty darn boring, am I right?! I mean, seriously, how exciting can you make mopping a kitchen floor? Unless of course you turn up the tunes and use the handle as a microphone (or so I hear). That’s why I’ve come up with some clever ways to add a little pizzazz to the wonderful art of keeping house. Ready to walk on the wild side? Try these tips out since the holidays are upon us and if your house is anything like mine it’s non-stop and we have a revolving door!
Here ya go, my favorite cleaning tips…
• The Java Jive: If you need a little pick-me-up to get that kitchen clean, then try brewing a pot of coffee. But here’s the kicker—press the “start” button and you have the time until the pot is brewed to clean up the kitchen. Clean as much as you can as fast as you can before that last drop brews and you get to enjoy a nice, fresh cup of joe: guilt free!
• The Dinner Date: Is your home a total wreck? Then you may as well do the one dreaded action that is a surefire way to a clean home. Pick up the phone and invite at least three people over for dinner next week. Set the date and you can’t back out. Trust me, you’ll get your house cleaned so fast it’ll make your head spin.
• Out With the Old, In With the New: Need to de-clutter? Take my advice and make it a cycle. Whenever you buy something new, then something old has to go back in the shopping bag that you pulled the new item out of. Immediately take it to the car. Now drop it off at your nearest charity on your next run out. If you want to go one step further, add two or three things to the bag!
• Fill ‘er Up: When you stop to fill up the tank with gas, set the pump to automatically dispense the gas and use that time to get rid of the trash in your car. This is perfect because there is always a trash can next to the gas pump, and let’s be honest, there’s usually a bunch of trash in your car that needs to go!
• Super Skates: Sick of mopping? Then don’t. Tape the top of a Swiffer mop pad to the front edge of your shoes so that you can step on the pad. Now grab your favorite all natural cleaner, pump up the music, and spray and skate yourself all over the house (kids love this one, too). Add some loud music and it’s a fun workout too!
I want to know some of your fun tips! Do you have some to share? I can’t wait to hear some of your fun tactics! Leave a comment and let me know!
Hannah Keeley was once in overwhelmed mom living in a cluttered house, deep in debt, out of shape, and barely hanging on. But one day, after finding herself sobbing uncontrollably into a pile of clean laundry, she realized God has bigger and better plans for her (just like He does for each one of His children). Beginning that day, she began making changes in her life that took her from overwhelmed to overjoyed. Today, she’s helping moms do the same. Hannah, her husband, Blair, and their seven children live in Richmond, Virginia, and are having the time of their lives!
Check out Hannah’s Website Here!
Want more help to create your Crazy Blessed life? I got you! Each episode of my podcast, Crazy Blessed is created to help you live the life God designed you for—a life of abundance. LISTEN NOW!
And if you’re a mom, then you could probably use a little help now and then. Here are some of my free resources that you can use anytime you get a hankering (which is southern for, “when you feel like it”).
Are you a mom who is totally overwhelmed? Feel like you’re at the end of your rope? Do you want to get organized, take control, and create a life you love? Check out my 21-Day Mom Rescue.