Acorn Squash Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
It’s soup season! At least it is where I live. Overnight it seems like summer is GONE and the chilly fall weather is here to stay. Cozy up to a nice hot bowl of on plan soup and enjoy the end of summer in style!
Check out the recipe below…
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 2 boxes of chicken broth
- 3 large Pieces of bacon (cooked)
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Heavy Sprinkle of Pepper
- Heavy Sprinkle of Steak Spice
- Cut the squash into quarters and scoop out the seeds.
- Using an instant pot cook the squash for 7 minutes on high pressure then release. (If baking then bake at 400 for 45 minutes to an hour)
- Let the squash sit for a few minutes to cool then scoop it out and place into a blender.
- Add a full box of broth to the blender and blend the squash until pureed.
- Pour into the instant pot or just a pot on the stove.
- Add the rest of the broth and ingredients and let simmer (instant pot on slow cook for a few hours)
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Recipe created and shared with permission by Meggan Larson.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.